Moist Chamber with Edema Balance
Moist chamber with built-in organ weighing system
This system is comprised of a moist chamber with a built-in organ weighing system. The jacketed chamber maintains a warm and moist environment for the organ.
- Dual perfusion system—vascular and intraluminal intestinal
- Built-in balance for edema evaluation and organ weight measurement
- Rodent isolated intestine perfusion
- Microvascular permeability studies
- Simultaneous study of vascular, luminal and lymphatic flows
- Arterial, venous and intraluminal pressures and bowel weight
- Septic multi-organ failure studies in gastrointestinal area
Included items: Moist chamber with cannulae and mini holders for mesenteric artery, portal vein, ileum inflow and ileum outflow, balance (requires TAM-D amplifier), cannulating block (can be removed from chamber for surgery)
Additional equipment required: TAM-D and housing (for inflow/outflow balance), thermocirculator, peristaltic pump, transducers, monitoring system setup. Recording and evaluation of the signals uses BDAS or LabChart software. For constant pressure perfusion, the SCP and TAM-D modules, along with PLUGSYS housing, are needed in addition to the peristaltic pump.
The chamber has been configured for studying the edema evolution in a perfused intestine with attached mesenteric bed using two separate perfusion lines for simultaneous vascular and intraluminal perfusion. The chamber is supplied with a movable cannulation block including all the required heating coils and bubble traps. This block acts also as holder for the tubing and cannulae. It can be placed near the animal for easy in situ preparation. After surgery, the block with the preparation is moved and fixed on the chamber. This ensures continuous perfusion during the entire duration of surgery and reduced risk of embolism or ischemia.