PACKWIN Software (Panlab)
Handy software for standard operant conditioning and behavioral procedures en small laboratory animals.
- Even more user-friendly interface!
- Aperture assistant and experimental tool bar
- Modular structure (targeted to specific experiments or fully customizable)
- Straight-forward "State-Editor" tool for protocol configurations (no need of specific programming skills
- Assistant panels and specific reports for 5/9 holes procedures, Vogel test, fear conditioning and startle reflex studies
- Operant chamber simulator tool (unique feature in the market!)
- Test boxes function for hardware checking purpose
- Built-in Yoked procedure settings
- Optimal data traceability
- Integrated potent analysis module and plot makers
- Batch analysis and direct exportation to Excel (1 session per row)
PACKWIN is a user-friendly and versatile Software platform developed with the aim to offer a powerful tool for conducting a wide range of experiments in different types of behaviour chambers. It typically controls the Panlab standard chambers for operant conditioning, self-administration, 5/9 hole and Vogel test, but its range of compatibility allows working with other behavioural chambers for Active/Passive avoidance and fear conditioning experiments...
Due to his new modular structure, PACKWIN 2.0. can be used in a highly flexible structure (Customized module-CS) allowing the experimenter to build a wide variety of different protocols for the configuration of basic programs for operant procedure (fixed and variable ratio, fixed or variable interval, fixed or variable DRL, positive and negative reinforcement, extinction, probability to obtain a reinforcement, etc.) with or without discriminative stimuli (light, sound) as well as more specific and complex user-defined protocols (conflict, DMTS, 5 choice serial reaction task etc.). Give the PACKWIN state-editor tool the oportunity to surprise yourself by its straightforwardness (no need of specific programming skills)!! A great number of editable raw data table and outout numeric data and graph reports are provided integrated in the all-in-one structure of the software.
PACKWIN 2.0. also offers new specific experimental modules providing convenient protocol editor templates and ready-to-use run panels and data reports directly targeted to specific standard experiments such as the 5-choice Serial Reaction Time Task (5/9 hole module - HO) and the Vogel test.
PACKWIN 2.0 is not exclusive to Panlab chambers! Contact us for more information about how to use PACKWIN with your existing set of operant chambers (compatible with Coulbourn and Med Associates chambers).